Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE
Primary responsibilities are to assist Engineering and Maintenance
in design, development, optimization and maintenance of automated
material handling equipment and warehouse control systems in all
the Distribution Centers. The Controls Engineer will design
overview control systems for industrial material handling
solutions. This includes development of specifications, device
layout drawings, control schematics, PLC logic, SCADA systems and
implementing solutions which deliver exceptional value. Controls
Engineer will also work closely with project teams to design
systems which meet or exceed the project requirements.
Controls Function: Supporting Projects
- Perform on-site commissioning, to implement and validate
Control Systems design with Integrator.
- Review vendor's Control Systems specifications and scope
- Create Controls sequence of operation document, to ensure that
the design meets our expectation.
- Design/overview system layouts, schematics and control
- Maintain a Control Systems progress schedule that relates to
project milestones for each project.
- Prepare/overview schematics and specifications for control
Controls Function: Optimize and Support Distribution Center Control
- Provide/overview documentation and support for field
- Optimize/troubleshoot and write (PLC) Programmable Logic
- Configure HMIs and RTUs.
- Configure and troubleshoot SCADA systems.
- Perform Control Systems modeling and simulation.
- Work closely with Warehouse Control Systems team to
investigate/integrate Controls solutions.
Provide guidance/direction in assistance with Lead Engineer to
train and guide Controls Technicians for all sites.
- Provide Control Systems technical support and training to local
- Work closely with DC Operations and Distribution Engineers, for
achieving Controls reporting and dashboard.
- Design and implement Control Systems changes and
- Controls Function: Perform other Control Systems related
tasks/duties as assigned.
- May require travel.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Technical Acumen
Qualification, Skills and Qualities
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited
- Relevant course work in Control Systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of ADC/DAC systems, controls modeling
and simulation tools.
- Basic skills in MATLAB/Simulink.
- In-depth understanding of computer networks.
- Have a strong interest in Industrial Automation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and
- Willing to learn and grow with the Company.
- Demonstrate creative thinking.
- Energetic, friendly, outgoing, and proactive personality.
- Have experience with Allen-Bradley HW/SW platforms.
- Hands-on experience with industrial networks.
- Proven skills with use of AutoCAD
- Have experience with SCADA systems. Configuring HMIs and
- Effective programming skills in C/C++ and IEC-61131-3
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting,
and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor
- Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in
work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be
anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other
inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to
demands and pressures from persons other than immediate
- Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking,
hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
No Supervisory Responsibilities
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Perris , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!