Director, Engineering - Distribution Center Strategy & Implementation
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:The position is responsible for
the direction and management of corporate staff and decentralized
teams that develop and implement all company driven initiatives
including Capital and Network Implementation projects in a high
volume mechanized, multi-location distribution and logistics
- Participate and drive the design, specification and bid review
processes for supply chain strategy projects, including preparation
of estimates, funding requests, MHE vendor evaluation and
- Ensure quality of work for facility construction and MHE
installation through oversight of project activities, drawing/work
review and approval and acceptance testing/punch list
- Manage in-house resources and outside contractors on projects.
Establish and monitor schedules, manage resources, and maintain
project budgets to ensure timelines and budgets are met and quality
of work is maintained
- Track project execution to project timelines. Provide regular
update reports to Supply Chain leadership, DC Operations leadership
or specific internal/external agencies as required on project
progress. Maintain documentation on project progress against
specifications and project plans
- Coordinate/Develop commissioning, testing and training plans
suitable to startup of a facility or system
- Coordination and communication between contractor project
management, IT and Network Strategy on all project and Operations
- Coordinate and communicate to meet project participants
- Identify project risks and issues and make recommendations to
Supply Chain leadership on alternative courses of actionProcess
- Interface with in-house operations, IT and engineering to
identify and deliver projects that will improve the capacity or
efficiency of the Distribution Centers
- Coordinate with in-house operations, engineering, and external
vendors and consultants to develop alternative processing
- Technical Acumen
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Analysis & Judgement
- Drives Results
- Problem SolvingQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 10+ years' experience in large distribution center or
manufacturing environment preferred. Minimum of 5 to 7 years of
progressive experience in project management and/or facility
- BS degree in Engineering with a focus in the industrial,
mechanical or electrical field and 5 years' experience in the
Controls/Automation field with equivalent experience in the
mechanical or electrical field preferred. Minimum of 2 to 5 years
- In-depth knowledge of distribution systems and automation; a
thorough understanding of conveyors, controls, and material
- Upper level management experience in high volume,
- The successful candidate will have working knowledge in the
- Automated conveyors systems and controls,
- Electrical/NEC, Electronics/Communications and Motor
- Detailed understanding of OSHA standards and regulations.
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading.
- Experience in new distribution center start-up.
- Demonstrated track record as a successful project manager.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Detailed knowledge of distribution center processing,
merchandise production, planning, scheduling, quality control
techniques and managerial accounting.
- Experience in facilities/maintenance management a plus
- Experience with engineered labor standards and Lean/5S project
- Personal Profile
- A highly organized and effective project manager, able to plan,
drive and ensure successful execution of major, complex supply
- A detail-oriented professional, who is thorough and circumspect
in planning and reporting.
- An excellent communicator, able to effectively lead meetings,
conference calls, and drive communication with internal and
- A leader who is able to drive initiatives, influence, and
motivate at all levels and across the organization.
- A high energy, self-motivated individual who can be successful
in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
Access. Expert use of databases and other data mining and analysis
tools. Strong knowledge and familiarity with SQL, Oracle and WMS is
- Highly proficient communication skills, both oral and
- 50% travel required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:Job requires
ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a
computer.Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on
the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working
with paper/files, etc.Consistent timeliness and regular
attendance.Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print
and/or electronically.This role requires full-time in-office
presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction,
meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching,
and/or feedback.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Network Implementation
Project ManagerDISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the
primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is
not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of
duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at
management's discretion.Ross is an equal employment opportunity
employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion
according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe
that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to
attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce.
Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex
(which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding),
veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic
partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic
characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other
category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Perris , Director, Engineering - Distribution Center Strategy & Implementation, Executive , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!