Assistant Store Manager in Training - Night Operat
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Assistant Store Managers in Training are learning the various
responsibilities and functions of the following roles: Assistant
Store Manager, Operations Assistant Store Manager, Night Operations
Assistant Store Manager, and Specialty Assistant Store Manager. At
a high level, ASM's in Training will learn how to support the Store
Manager in developing strategies and objectives toward driving
store sales and profitability. They will learn how to accomplish
these objectives through effective leadership of and communication
to their Associates.
- General Customer Service Initiatives to include supervising
Associates in the selling effort, ensuring the store's in-stock
position, and maintaining an appealing and organized store
- appearance. ASM's in Training will learn the following tactics
to support this key accountability: staffing and scheduling,
identifying and resolving stock deficiencies, supervisor associates
in selling behaviors, resolving customer issues and concerns, and
supporting service needs for both installed sales/special orders
and product sales.
- Supervising Store Associates to include interviewing, hiring,
motivating, coaching, training,developing, and communicating to
associates. ASM's in Training will also learn the performance
management process, to include semi-annual review of associate
performance and how to execute the associate disciplinary process
- Operations Management to include supervision of front end
processes involving sales and return transactions, as well as
special services and lot support. ASM's in Training will also
- how to oversee the back end processes, including receiving and
freight teams to ensure that merchandise is received and stocked
appropriately. They will also learn how to maintain and
- operate all store equipment and systems as well as how to
manage daily financial operations. ASM's in Training should develop
a command of store standard operating procedures (SOP's),
- especially those involving Safety compliance.
- Business Analysis and Merchandise Planning Initiatives to
include driving department profitability through analysis of sales
trends. ASM's in Training will learn how to work with key partners
(Store Managers, Field Merchandising, MET Teams) to plan
merchandise placement and signing. They will also learn how to
support stock integrity through inventory management processes.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- ASM's in Training will report to a Store Manager. Once complete
with their training process, they will gradually assume
accountability supervision of work activities of associates.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- No additional qualifications
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Acts with Integrity: Role model for ethical behavior;
consistent and fair in dealings with others.
- Product Knowledge: Knows and effectively promotes all areas,
products, services, and procedures. Knows the competition
- Excels in Customer Service: Creates customer focused
environment; provides excellent service.
- Inspires Achievement: Initiates actions to develop Associates;
provides performance feedback and recognizes accomplishments
- Safety Orientation: Enforces safety policies and procedures; is
a safety role model
- Delivers Results: Creates a sense of urgency; delegates
appropriately; motivates self and team to accomplish
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Perris , Assistant Store Manager in Training - Night Operat, Executive , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!