Company: First Transit
Posted on: January 16, 2023
General Manager First things First: Who are we? First Transit Inc.
is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and
management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. About the
Position Join the First Transit team as a General Manager in
Riverside, CA. First Transit General Managers are committed to
safety, customer service, and hands-on experience in all
transportation business areas. The manager will initiate, develop,
and maintain a successful contract relationship. This position's
salary range is between $110k-145k.
- Handles all contractual services, including operations,
administrative functions, and information systems, and provides
oversight of safety, training, and maintenance departments as
- Ensures compliance with all company procedures and
- Ensures services are provided within budget and action plans
developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintains company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities,
inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal laws and
regulations (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyze, prepare, and develops budgets and forecasts.
- Assesses resource needs, problems, and trends and plans
- Develops action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assures a safe working environment.
- Provides and promotes effective communications with
- Provides leadership and guidance to develop location and
company bench strength.
- Establishes training goals and requirements for all
- Satisfies client, corporate, and contractual reporting
requirements and needs.
- Assists in technical sales support and develops sales leads.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required/Bachelor's degree is
- Requires 3-5 years of recent and relevant direct experience
managing in transit
- Prior experience working with collective bargaining
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft
Excel and Word
- Must have evidence of building solid relationships with
supervisors, peers, and subordinates
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful track record in managing budgets and/or P&L
- Ability to effectively and appropriately communicate and/or
collaborate with agencies, directors, elected officials, operators,
and all levels of hourly and salaried employees, including senior
- Must be a self-starter able to obtain successful results
without supervision. First for a Reason Benefits We offer
competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role,
location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation. Diversity & Inclusion Because we're stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day. Professional Advancement Start
here. Go far. Thanks to our strong presence across North America,
we believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous
opportunities for you. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager
Program prepares future leaders at First Transit. Extensive
Training Build skills and knowledge in safety and security, injury
prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency. Community
Service & Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our
customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of
First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll
have a positive impact on others. Apply today and get your career
on the road with First Transit! We aspire to have a culture where
all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer, and by doing so, we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, Perris , General Manager, Executive , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!