Director of Operations
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Primary Purpose:The position is responsible for meeting and
exceeding customer expectations while managing all aspects of
productivity and operational expenses of a high-volume distribution
center to include: facility budget, operating costs, productivity,
quality, and staffing. Accountable for the management and
development of the leadership team. Accountable for providing
strategic direction and continuous improvement direction for the
facility. Accountable for achieving facility KPIs to include
inventory turns, inventory capacity, staffing, operating expenses,
and safety goals. We need to stress the importance of developing a
motivational and purposeful environment for our associates. In
addition, one will build effective cross functional relationships
to enhance the customer experience and educate and lead others in
the pursuit of lowering our supply chain costs.
- Manages for overall facility efficiency and cost improvements
including: safety, productivity, operating expense, customer
experience, positive employee relations and resource
- Allocates and manages Operation's resources/roles based on
Operation's and budgetary targets and customer expectations.
- Drives positive associate relations through utilization of
established planning and communication models.
- Lean and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drives a high-performance organization through:
- Contributing to region strategic direction through tactical
implementation of key projects and initiatives in the facility
- Aligning the culture of the facility to the overall company
strategy and structure
- Supporting local projects along with: Championing diversity and
inclusion by building and maintaining positive relationship
throughout the community and with local and state
- Interacts with Sales and attends sales meeting and other
functions to resolve customer issues and ensure profitability.
- Interacts with Human Resources to resolve employee relation
issues and ensure a positive work culture.
- Interacts with union Business Agent to ensure they are updated
on issues and union rule violations.
- Manages people and associate development.
- Manages processes, budgets, performance management and
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values and
- Performs other duties as assigned. Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the inter-workings of a
large-scale Distribution while providing value and input with
end-to-end supply chain processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and excellent
written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead 10 or more managers and a staff of
150 or more associates.
- Strong planning, change management and organizational
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, achieve results and
foster strong customer service orientation.
- Preferred knowledge of union processes and California wage and
- High degree of initiative, team building and dedication to
effect positive change.
- Proactively engages with local business partners to improve
- Effectively influences others, including vertically and
- Intermediate computer skills.
Education and Experience: (Minimum level of experience and
education required to do the job)
- Bachelor's Degree in business or Logistics required or
equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of job related experience required.
- Experience managing a large scale, high volume distribution
- Demonstrates a customer centric leadership methodology within a
supply chain leadership role.
- Led leaders with specific talents: LEAN leadership, industrial
engineering, and problem-solving teams.
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k with matching
- Company Holidays
- Overtime Pay for hourly employees
- Paid Vacation, Floating Holidays, and Sick Time
- Maternity and Parental leave benefits
- Employee discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
ESSENDANT Inc. is a leading national distributor that fuels its
customers growth with a vast product assortment, world-class
fulfillment network and a full suite of advanced sales and
marketing tools. We strive for more than just success - we believe
in building partnerships with our customers and our employees. Our
business wouldn't be thriving without our hardworking team members.
We value all they bring to our company and offer a work environment
that fosters training, mentoring and personal growth. We are one
team with endless possibilities. We are Essendant.
Keywords: Essendant, Perris , Director of Operations, Executive , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!