Company: First Transit
Posted on: September 19, 2022
First things First: Who are we? First Transit Inc. is a leading
provider of public transportation contracting and management
services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada. About the
Position Join the First family as an Operations Manager! The
Operations Manager assists the General Manager and/or Assistant
General Manager in supervising daily operations. Monitors employee
performance, identifies safety issues, and addresses operational
- Assumes first-line supervision of location employees. Ensures
company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists the General Manager in the day-to-day operational
oversight of location operations, including billing, payroll,
routing/scheduling, DOT & state Dept of Education compliance,
accounts receivable and accounts payable, recruitment, and hiring
of location employees.
- Ensures drivers have the daily documentation necessary to
complete their routes. Ensures completed charter documentation for
processing. Coordinates field trips by the assignment of personnel
and vehicles. Ensures vehicles dispatched are in proper working
condition, and daily DVI (pre and post-trip) forms have been
- Coordinates the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in
activities involved in daily transit operations. Acts as backup
member of Dispatch or Scheduling team.
- Develops manpower requirements for Dispatchers, Operators and
assists with evaluating trip patterns for run structure
- Develops procedure manuals for Dispatchers, Road Supervisors,
Drivers, and Service Personnel. Holds routine meetings with
Dispatch and Scheduling staff to respond to service issues and keep
staff abreast of customer or company changes and requirements.
- Completes necessary daily and/or weekly reports for company and
customer (stand-by report, Vehicle Maintenance Report, Manpower
Report, Service Quality, and Complaint / Commendation Report).
- Tracks and maintains employee attendance system, and processes
driver and operations staff vacation requests. Maintains/orders
necessary driver and staff uniforms.
- Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Includes: vehicle
on-time statistics, missed runs, revenue/cost data, total work
hours, total pay hours, customer complaint data, accident data,
road call data, and other operations-related functions.
- Recommends and disciplines operations personnel. Interviews
necessary drivers and staff and completes customer complaint
- Informs Contract Manager of potential risks in the
- Performs all other duties as assigned and may assist with other
areas based on location needs. Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience in transportation.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Accounting and detailed reporting experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels,
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials, and the general public.
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends and
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess a working vehicle to travel within the service area as
- Meet customer certification requirements in operations software
and able to act as a system administrator to assist in resolving
local user issues. First for a Reason Benefits We offer competitive
compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and
business), including physical and mental health initiatives,
medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation. Diversity
& Inclusion Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an
inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in
promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for
you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In
addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future
leaders at First Transit. Extensive Training Build skills and
knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention,
technology and equipment, and job efficiency. Community Service &
Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and
First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive
impact on others. Apply today and get your career on the road with
First Transit! We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Perris , Operations Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!