Company: Ritchie Bros.
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Build, Grow your career!
the premier global asset management and disposition company,
helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy
trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and
selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service,
is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient,
transparent. If you're an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit,
we want you
to join our growing team - employed in a wide variety of positions
to operations to corporate functions - as we transform the global
us on our journey and move forward with us, build your
success, and grow your career.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for a full-time
Auction Coordinator in Los Angeles, CaliforniaThe Opportunity:The
Auction Coordinator serves as a lead in the communication,
coordination and support to all internal departments (e.g. office,
yard, sales, etc.) related to the all auction processes and the
Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) Program.
In this role you'll:
- Manage the information collection and verification processes
(e.g. equipment year, sequencing, equipment pricing, etc.) related
to the DEI Program.
- Responsible for the preparation of the advertising material for
upcoming sales (e.g.brochure and catalogue), in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Work in conjunction with the Equipment Inspector to assess
equipment and compose photos for the DEI Program.
- Responsible for auction sequencing and catalogue proofing
- Responsible for resolving equipment contract and DEI related
issues including any unresolved issues that occur on sale
- Assist the Customer Service Manager (CSM) with sale day and
post sale duties,customer service and administrative support as
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees
and customers is top priority for all.
- Assist the Sales team with appraisals and write-ups in the
field between peak periods.
- Support the local operations team with sale day duties (e.g.
proxy bids, eClerking,bid catching, etc.).
Here's what you'll bring:
- You have at least 2 years experience in customer facing
- High school graduate with some post-secondary education is
considered an asset, such as a Finance Diploma.
- Intermediate proficiency level in current MS Office Suite
products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency using technology such as computers and digital
- An aptitude for data/numbers and experience creating and
working with spreadsheets.
- Strong written, spoken, listening, and interpersonal
communication skills in English.
- Other additional languages would be considered an
- A solid knowledge or desire to gain knowledge of construction
equipment and trucks.
- Strong customer service orientation. You have a natural ease
dealing with customers.
- You're a resourceful, "think-on-your feet" person with drive,
initiative, and a real commitment to getting the job done.
- Excellent organizational skills, you're the type that leaves no
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to multi-task
multiple projects and initiatives effectively and prioritize work
- Highly capable of meeting strict deadlines in a high-pressure,
- You must also have the ability to adapt to shifting priorities,
demands and timelines.
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented and self directed. Energetic,
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a
- You thrive working as part of a team and pitch-in wherever
- You have a strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of
humor or your ability to have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Have a valid, clean driver's license.
- Climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at the auction
- You can expect to work extra hours for two weeks prior to each
sale, during each sale, and for one week after each sale.
- Travel to other auction sites if necessary.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As
we grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to
advance your career - we've proven this throughout our 60 years in
business. And, we'll help you achieve your own career goals. Here's
- Salary paid overtime.
- Excellent medical and dental benefits.
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan (both with company
- Training and tuition reimbursement opportunities.
For an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some
videos on YouTube.
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site,
LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter.
in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset
management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end
buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets.
a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation,
energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling
Bros.Auctioneers, the world's largest
industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online
bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly
auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance-- equipment
certification; Marketplacee, an online
marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a
leading European online equipment
listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering
negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific
including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and
plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros.
FinancialServices. For more information
about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit
Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures
nondiscrimination in all
activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is
open to all
qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the
country in which
this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent
electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls
Keywords: Ritchie Bros., Perris , Auction Coordinator, Other , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!