Part Time Asset Protection (Security Guard)
Company: Living Spaces
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to
open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times
and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection.
What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations,
from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings
store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are
the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking
for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our
team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even
better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on
building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will
have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and
commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills
that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our
guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in
our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that
contributes to the overall success of their role.
Working in the distribution center and retail store environments,
the Asset Protection Officer will be responsible for maintain the
security and safety of the company premises and personnel, interior
and exterior of the assigned location, and, as needed, supporting
asset protection needs of the retail locations supported by the
assigned distribution center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting unusual activity or
- Confronts violators of policy and procedures in a professional
manner to redirect behavior.
- Inspects buildings and access points.
- Assists Supervisor in restraining trespassers or other
- Manages vehicular traffic by directing drivers.
- Maintains authorized DC truck yard traffic utilizing company
tools and procedures.
- Supports investigations, conducting surveillances and gathering
- Completes reports by recording observations, information,
occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintains organization's stability and brand reputation by
complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to Inventory/Asset Protection team effort by
accomplishing results as needed
- Promotes awareness of company policies, procedures and
- Submits new and innovative ideas to enhance job functions and
company best practices.
- Provides assistance across business groups as needed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Maintain valid state issued drivers licensed
- Basic computer functions; Excel/Word, Email, Report
- Lifting, Walking, Standing long periods
- Surveillance skills
- Integrity, Judgement, Dependability, Emotional control,
- Able to work a flexible schedule; evenings, weekends, holidays,
with minimal travel and overnight travel as needed
- Able to work independently and in cross functional team
- Ability to compose sensitive, confidential, correspondence
requiring tact and diplomacy.
HS Diploma or equivalent certification or work experience,
including 2+ years in security or a retail/warehouse
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws
prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's
race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental
disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or
special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic
partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping
and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including
but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual
orientation, or any other protected status except where a
reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team
members are queried through this electronic system established by
the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security
Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment
eligibility. Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, explosive
detection, guard, protect, protection, public safety officer,
safety report, security officer, surveillance
Keywords: Living Spaces, Perris , Part Time Asset Protection (Security Guard), Other , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!