Director of Operations
Company: Performance Team
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and
value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees
alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the
place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party
logistics (3PL) company with over 30 years of experience in
Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has
12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate
highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the
retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C
solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We
believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us
stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus
on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming
back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting
back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is
growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest,
and make a difference.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer,
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal
This position is highly visible and plays an integral role on
our operations team. Directs and oversees operational policies,
objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for developing,
implementing, maintaining and improving the operational functions
of the Transportation / Distribution facility while maintaining
effective and efficient service to customers with a focus on
quality, productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee
relations. Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems
and procedures and determining and implementing changes as
necessary. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts,
practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks
that revolve around the entire operation. Leads and directs the
work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and interface with regulatory agencies
- Develops and maintains operations business plans to include all
customer/company requirements, labor hours, equipment, facility
costs, and human resource decisions to enable organization to reach
- Establishes, monitors and maintains productivity and quality
standards, develops budget and cost controls, and focuses on
continuous improvement of the operation
- Ensures operational procedures are followed for activities such
as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling
disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory
- Reviews operating reports, identifies and directs the
resolution of operational and maintenance problems to ensure
minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Responsible for financial analysis and aggressive management of
operational expenses; manages the facility P&L.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the
effective management of operations, including compiling, storing,
and retrieving data for reports, interfacing with other functional
areas, and continuous communication with customers.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and
comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures,
- Monitors activities of work teams to ensure safe practices are
in place and being followed at all retimes. Monitor building to
ensure proper housekeeping is being practiced. Give guidance on
safety and security issues, and interface with corporate on all
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises 5+ employees and indirectly responsible for
500+ associates in the area of Operations and Transportation.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and working with
a business model that has a heavy concentration of temporary
employees, due to the volume fluctuations.
- Position is full time and on-site.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree including 7 to 15 years' experience in a fast
paced transportation and warehousing environment with increasing
- Demonstrated expertise in managing transportation and
- Experience in a 3PL environment supporting multiple customers
or lines of business helpful.
- Experience in transportation management, pick-up and delivery,
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to improve
business operations and results.
- Experience supporting negotiations for new or increased
- Experience implementing and managing key performance indicators
throughout operations and holding management and employees
accountable for performance metrics.
- Solid financial, analytical and P$L experience.
- Familiarity with Lean techniques and continuous improvement
- Experience with warehouse management and transportation
management systems (WMS/TMS).
- Experience working with remote headquarters and functional
resources, ability to build effective relationships, solve
problems, and get things done.
- Experience creating a high-trust, high-performance, team
- Demonstrated leadership and people-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities.
Keywords: Performance Team, Perris , Director of Operations, Other , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!