Onsite Medical Representative
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) team aims to provide
tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient,
healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage
their health and wellbeing. To support these goals, Amazon is
seeking an experienced and innovative Onsite Medical Representative
(OMR) to join our team. In this position, you will work closely
with the WHS site manager, WHS specialist, and Injury Prevention
Specialist (IPS). You will be required to independently evaluate
and provide first aid (e.g., for musculoskeletal injuries), advise
Amazon Associates (AAs) on occupational and non-occupational
injuries, have great verbal communication skills, and be able to
connect with AAs, as well as Amazon Managers. You should enjoy
learning and applying your knowledge about health & wellness to
provide care for AAs on a daily basis. You will refer care to
outside medical providers as needed, and learn about OSHA
regulations, risk, and analysis. Practical ergonomics experience is
advantageous. However, ergonomics topics will also be covered in
The OMR will function as a part of the larger team onsite,
helping to provide assistance with all first aid needs and support
operations as needed. This includes attending weekly associate
committee meetings, greeting all new hires for the site, either
within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through
one-on-one interaction. The OMR will also participate, as needed in
incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide triage, first aid, and/or referral to outside medical
providers, if indicated.
- Minimize the AA risk of injury through awareness, education and
- Maintain all records of care provided to AAs.
- Develop a first aid care plan for AAs recovering from an
injury, focused on injury improvement, including self-care
instructions as needed.
- Facilitate and maintain the workers' compensation and return to
work process for associates with work related injuries.
- Provide daily activity logs and end of shift reports.
- Spend frequent time on the warehouse floor to interact and
engage with AAs and managers to coach on observed at-risk work
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate medical supply inventory is
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc tasks as
- Willing to be trained to teach first aid, CPR, and AED
- Work flexible shifts which could include days, nights, and/or
- Communicate effectively.
- Display professional behavior.
- Multitask and have exceptional time management skills.
- Work in and embrace inclusive and diverse atmosphere.
- Follow direction, policy, and procedures.
- Maintain composure in emergencies and lead emergency response
at the site.
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a
first aid, CPR, and AED course from the American Heart Association
or American Red Cross.
- Valid current State EMT-Basic Certification from the Department
of Health AND/OR the National Registry of Emergency Medical
Technicians (NREMT) AND/OR Valid Provincial Primary Care Paramedic
Certification from the Ministry of Health AND/OR the Canadian
Organization of Paramedic Regulators
- Certified to teach first aid, CPR, and AED training from
American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with an industrial wellness program
- Passion for promoting health and wellness
- Experience coaching on body mechanics
- Experience managing musculoskeletal disorders
- Experience in ergonomics
- Experience with OSHA regulations
- Experience with Workers Compensation
- Proficient in digital recordkeeping
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Perris , Onsite Medical Representative, Other , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!