Warehouse Operations Manager (771)
Company: NFI Industries
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Warehouse Operations Manager is responsible for the
efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular
emphasis on the management of the warehouse personnel and the
implementation of warehouse action plans. This role manages a
warehouse that totals between 100,000 and 500,000 sq. ft. The
tracking and recording of equipment hours, assurance that equipment
maintenance schedules are followed and employee meetings are
conducted. This position reports to the General Manager of the
2nd Shift: 4p-2:30am
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops a strategic plan in conjunction with the General
Manager to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and
utilization of the facility
- Ensures efficient shipping and receiving work schedules to meet
- Directs the operations of the warehouse supervisors and
- Oversees all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are
correct and carried out in a timely fashion
- Audits compliance of both internal and external SOP's.
- Ensures that equipment is utilized in the most efficient
- Reviews the daily work objective and determines productivity
requirements to produce during the shift to meet the overall
- Partners with other leaders to balance labor ensuring
appropriate levels of staffing in regards to daily workload.
- Matches the skill and background of personnel to work
- Conducts analysis of workload compared to labor hours and
- Plans long-term labor needs based on sales, forecasts and
- Makes recommendations to the General Manager on programs to
improve warehouse operations.
- Understands how day to day decisions impact financial
- Be open to learning financial aspects of the business
including, but not limited to, budgeting, forecasting, reading GL,
Flash, and P&L
- Run productivity and labor reports to analyze gaps in
- Ensures the daily pre-shift meetings cover previous
productivity, operational problems, forecasting workload and any
other pertinent company information.
- Ensures proper staffing and supports hiring for all facility
- Ensures all new employees are properly on-boarded; completing
required paperwork and following a structured training
- Produces and effectively communicate department goals and
individual performance goals that ensure the facility achieves
- Manages and maintains good human resources practices with
direct reports, and adherence to established corporate and
department policies and procedures
- Works with the General Manager and Human Resources to resolve
employee relation issues, discipline actions, problem resolution
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance, and recognition to
enhance other's skill development.
- Plays an active role in employee development and talent
- Acts as a role model for the department in support of corporate
mission, vision, and values.
- Provides regular coaching and feedback on performance, prepares
and presents formal performance appraisals and make recommendations
and approve annual compensation increases.
- Exhibits a commitment to self-development by staying current on
information, tools, and systems.
- Travels to other warehouses and participates in department or
company meetings, as necessary
Safety and Security
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the
warehouse to meet service standards
- Actively supports and participates in all safety initiatives in
- Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the
facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI
- Performs safety observations to coach employees on safety
- Implements the necessary improvements to procedures and
facility to prevent re-occurring accidents.
- Prevents associate incident and injury by overseeing accident
investigations, assessing root cause analysis and implementing
- Responsible for the management of equipment and coordinates the
maintenance of equipment with local vendor.
Shift: 1st - Monday through Friday from 5:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a warehouse or
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the
willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in
- Experience with seasonal work forces is a plus, but not
- Experience with or desire to learn performance metrics, process
improvement, and Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent talent management and team building skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
- Excellent customer service skills specifically with external
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours
including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below
the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency;
facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise
levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to
access all areas of building without limitations.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any
employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search
firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the
internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole
property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were
engaged by NFI for this position and a val
Keywords: NFI Industries, Perris , Warehouse Operations Manager (771), Other , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!