About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and
value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees
alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our
customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place
Performance Team, now part of the Maersk global organization
under a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offers third
party logistics services to over 500 customers. Encompassing almost
15 million square feet of warehousing capacity throughout the
country and a large transportation segment capturing a variety of
services, PT has key supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New
Jersey/New York areas, and other facilities along the Western &
Eastern coasts along with multiple locations in the Midwest.
Performance Team has delivered significant sales and profitability
growth over the last 8 years and will drive the Inland Logistics
and Services business for the combined US business units for
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Start time 2pm Monday through Friday
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with
ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping
materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom,
warehouse, or yard by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews inbound appointment log and open order report each day
in order to plan work activities.
- Plans inbound and out bound schedules accordingly to meet
- Determines staffing needs based on work load and schedules
- Assigns workers to specific duties based on work load and
- Reviews and updates operational procedures as necessary and
ensures they are communicated to and understood by the warehouse
- Tracks productivity and qualifies performance by individual,
function, and department.
- Works with Inventory Control to ensure the highest level of
inventory accuracy possible.
- Manages payroll of department.
- Advises employees on handling of items received, stored, and
shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing,
maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies
between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial
actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Ensures that proper safety procedures are followed.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
Directly supervises 20+ employees in the area of Operations.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.