Battery Technician (771)
Company: NFI Industries
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Shop Supervisor or Service
Manager the Technician is responsible for performing battery
watering, cleaning in accordance with pre-determined schedule,
periodic maintenance - repair cables, connectors, watering system,
battery cell replacement and troubleshooting on various models of
material handling equipment batteries and chargers with record
keeping. Must be able to input data into computer or document paper
work that is required. Perform all job requirements in accordance
with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Safety
Procedures. Maintain service and support with material handling
equipment batteries and charges at the internal customer locations
in a timely and cost-effective manner so that customer requirements
- 1st. Shift Monday -- Friday
- 2nd. Shift Monday-- Friday
4pm. -- 12:45am
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance on material handling equipment
batteries and chargers with manufacturer's
guidelines/specifications and established timelines.
- Perform routine cleaning and watering of all batteries in
accordance with pre-determined schedule.
- Replaces battery cells and completes cable and inter connector
replacements as needed.
- Able to troubleshoot and diagnose material handling equipment
battery and charger components.
- Ability to operate forklift equipment without supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Properly records and maintains all required battery
specifications, testing results, charging activity, location of new
and used batteries.
- Responsible for logging time and materials, maintaining work
orders, PMs and inventory tracking into computerized maintenance
- Be able to use all special tools properly. Maintain and
properly use the normal tools of the trade.
- Operate service vehicle in a clean, safe and secure manner
following all required safety rules for the job.
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work as well as
company policies and any other safety procedures necessary to
complete work assignments safely.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Properly identify and order all necessary replacement
- Driving is an essential function of this position and a valid
current driver's license must be maintained at all times.
- Work with all departments and employees to insure quality of
- Report all accidents, injuries, safety violations and unsafe
working conditions immediately.
- Account for all parts, materials, tools and consumables used as
- Wear assigned PPE while handling batteries.
- Perform other general maintenance tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma, G.E.D or tech school graduate
- A valid Driver License is required.
- Basic Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, as
- Demonstrated ability to repair equipment per skill level.
- Must be capable of becoming certified to operate
- Keep an adequate set of personal tools as required by
supervisor at all times.
- Able to understand and communicate oral and by written
- Minimum of one year of experience in repair and maintenance on
material handling equipment.
- Ability to pass required training and certification
Environmental Job Requirements
- Physical Requirements
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods.
- Must be able to bend, squat, reach, and climb on a frequent
- Must be able to lift, pull and push up to 50lbs. Weight
requirements may vary within each department and function.
- Work Environment
- Open to the elements of noise and moving machinery.
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Occasional col
Keywords: NFI Industries, Perris , Battery Technician (771), Other , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!