Inventory Control/Quality Assurance Supervisor
Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Inventory Control/Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible
for the daily supervision of all IC/QA staff responsibilities with
the primary focus on Cycle Counts, stock order management and
quality control audits. This position will be required to interface
with Senior Business Analysts (SBAs) to research distressed
merchandise and/or other inventory related issues requiring systems
The IC/QA Supervisor will support the set up of all facility
parameters/locations for the DC to include maintaining all system
changes related to DC operations. Responsible for research,
follow-up, processing and reporting regarding the status of all
The IC/QA Supervisor is responsible for all cycle counts including
the monitoring and re-introduction of invalid hotel merchandise.
The IC Supervisor is also responsible for daily communications with
all members of the management team regarding IC/QA concerns to
include monitoring/auditing the XP process in all processing
The IC/QA Supervisor will be responsible for managing the daily
collection and input of quality data for the DC. Will manage team
of quality control auditors and data entry clerks. Takes lead role
to assign auditors for the collection of appropriate sample sizes.
Will also be required to interface daily with DC management and the
engineering team to disseminate and analyze production results and
make recommendations for improvement. Assist with vendor quality
- Manage the timely data collection and input for accuracy data
for all DC processes and associates. Problem-solve production data
errors or incomplete data.
- Responsible for performing inventory and receipt adjustments as
necessary for accuracy.
- Manage the reconciliation of wave closing on a daily
- Generate reports and provide visibility of root causes for
shrink and merchandise flow issues to DC and Corporate
- Perform cycle count of storage locations within corporate
- Daily/Weekly reconciliation of stranded inventory to ensure all
merchandise is distributed and shipped within network wide agreed
- Ensure compliance to all audit standards and procedures
- Training and cross training of associates to build strong
- Analysis & Judgment
- Process Improvement
- Drive Results
- Planning & Organizing
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Confronting Tough Issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Detailed knowledge of distribution center systems, processes,
inventory control and Quality control.
- Ability to analyze data using standard statistical techniques
and experience in data research to determine root cause. Ability to
present findings and trends through various reporting tools.
- 2-4 years experience with a current, more advanced Warehouse
Management System (WMS). Strong aptitude for information systems &
willingness to learn new software packages. Solid understanding of
Inventory Control and Quality Control issues.
- Experienced in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and SQL + query
- Strong communication skills both oral and written, to all
levels of the organization.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels within the
- Sense of urgency in responding to needs of Associates and
- Must maintain confidentiality for security of all reports and
- College degree, technical preferred.
- Inventory Control / Quality Assurance Clerks
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at managements
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Companys overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Perris , Inventory Control/Quality Assurance Supervisor, Other , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!