Controls Technician - DC
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2022
GENERAL PURPOSE: -To troubleshoot, maintain and enhance the
accuracy, reliability and system control's data credibility of PLC
and PC based automation systems. Effectively utilize building
management system's interface tools and equipment to achieve
efficiency. Communicate and partner with internal engineering staff
and equipment vendors. - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Exhibit the ability to troubleshoot and perform basic design of
PLC logic, operator interface terminal, energy management systems
and electrical installations.
- Statistically interpret and improve automated system's
performance parameters, at macro/micro level.
- Perform Preventive Maintainance for controls and systematize
electrical/control parts inventory.
- Coordinate with vendors, installation of electrical or
controls; as instructed.
- Maintain accurate record keeping such as: work orders,
timesheets, parts requests.
- Maintain parts procedure and inventory control
- Technical / Functional Competence
- Analysis and Judgment
- Quality of Work
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: -PLC Skills:
Familiarity with RS Logix 500 and RS Logix 5000 instruction set and
intermediate proficiency in writing logic.
- Ability to use Relay Ladder Logic and Functional Block Diagram
- Possess a functional understanding of configuring closed loop
control utilizing PIDE in FBD Editor - Fieldbus Network Skills:
Familiarity with design and implementation (hardware and software)
for the following networks:
- Universal Remote (I/O) Network
- Sercos Interface
- Modbus - - - - - Additional Special Skills Required:
- Functional knowledge in configuring instrumentation, referring
to manufacturer documentation.
- Strong ability to read manuals and understand functionality of
instrumentation and use of configuring software.
- Functional (intermediate) understanding of electrical circuits,
in reference to industrial automation.
- Familiarity with current National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to use process meter and operate oscilloscope.
- Functional familiarity with HVAC principles for Building
Management Systems (BMS).
- Knowledgeable in the assembly of electrical, pneumatic, and
hydraulic systems, robotic operation and vision systems and the
ability to assemble new equipment; and modify existing
- Connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of
purposes, including climate control, security and
- Understanding of 3 phase distribution and 3 phase power
- Firm grasp on testing 3 phase related equipment 480v and
- Energy management (BMS) software and hardware familiarity.
- Clear understanding of power systems grounding and safe
- Familiarity with Motor Control Center (MCC)
- Understanding of Arc Flash Hazard.
- Familiarity: electrical construction and configuration
(hardware/software) of basic electrical components used in
automation systems: Solenoids - Beacons - Proximity Switches,
- Understanding of PLC Hardware: Pico Controllers, MicroLogix
1500, CompactLogix, ControlLogix and SLC 500 systems. 1794 Flex I/O
- Familiarity would be a plus with: WAGO-I/O System, Siemens
Simatic Step 7, Controller Area Network (CAN), B&R X67 I/O
- Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends as
- Exhibit the ability to work independently, safely and with
- Must place the utmost importance on working safely, and
maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all
We currently have sign-on bonuses -for qualified applicants who
fill Distribution Center Maintenance positions.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Perris , Controls Technician - DC, Professions , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!