Territory Sales Manager
Company: Ritchie Bros.
Posted on: May 7, 2020
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier
global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros.
of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks,
assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling
commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is
for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and
transparent. If you're
an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join
team - employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to
corporate functions - as we transform the global used equipment
Join us on our
journey and move forward with us, build your success,
and grow your career.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers needs an outside
sales professional to serve our customers as a Territory Manager in
Los Angeles, California covering South Los Angeles County. This
enjoys a large customer base as well as big growth potential for
strong skills in forging new relationships.
The role of the Territory Sales
Manager is to be a trusted advisor to our customers, offering
solutions for buying and selling used equipment, trucks and other
Reporting to the Regional Sales
Manager, the Territory Manager will be an individual and regional
contributor for achieving the annual Gross Transactional Value
and Commission Revenue through pro-active prospecting and
cold-calling of new
customers within the assigned territory as well as strong account
the existing customer base.
In this role you'll:
- Be responsible for selling all of the Ritchie Bros.
multi-channel solutions within the assigned territory.
- Source and grow sales with new business by building
strong/lasting, personal, and professional relationships with
develop a strategy and plan for securing potential customers in
- Develop assigned territory by utilizing their Playbook
and executing on your Core Activity & Behaviour Script (CABS):
- Building, maintaining and updating Playbook on a
- Identify geographies & sectors that are
- Maintain an accurate pipeline within the CRM tool
- Achieve quarterly and annual production and performance
- Prepare customized presentations using sales materials
and systems for new and existing customers to achieve future
- Support and develop new and existing relationships with
customers to continue the sales growth by ensuring proper execution
sale through coordination with "Win Team" to fully service
including: sales support, operations, administrative, valuations,
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to
Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to
taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your
co-workers and customers.
Our Territory Sales Managers find
success when they possess the following key competencies in these
- Territory Management: Prospecting &
Developing Business, Planning, Pipeline Management.
- Selling Skills: Call Preparation, Relationship
Building, Building Rapport, Identifying Needs/Decision Maker,
Needs/Listening, Delivering Value/Solutioning, Gaining
"Setting the Table", Gaining Commitment/Closing, Gaining
- Procedures & Processes: Delivering
Value/Deal Presentation, Deal Management, Customer Service
- Equipment & Sector Knowledge: Heavy
Equipment Knowledge, Maximizing Equipment Values, Market
Here's what you bring:
- 5 to 10 years in a structured outside / field sales
role, and a consistent track-record of meeting / exceeding
- The ability to travel 1 to 2 days per week to cover the
territory, as well as up to a week a few times per year to attend
- You'll have to maintain a valid, clean driver's
- It helps if you have experience around construction
- Strong communication skills, especially when it comes
- A head for numbers, and the ability to make sound
decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong presentation, strategic thinking, negotiation
and closing skills.
- You're relentlessly driven to seek new business. For
you, time behind a desk is time lost.
- You're competitive, but you never sacrifice integrity
to win business.
- A natural ability at building authentic customer
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of
humor or ability to have fun on the job.
This job will require you to
- Meet or exceed core sales activities, such as:
- 16 customer meetings per week,
- A total of 100 customer interactions beyond meetings
- 100" Salesforce (CRM Tool) Compliance,
- 10 hours of documented professional sales training per
- Participation in 4 professional organization networking
and prospecting events.
- Attend 4 to 6 auction sales, 1 to 2 days each in
duration within the region, where you'll meet with your customers
- Travel overnight approximately 5 to 7 days per month to
cover the territory and 1 to 2 days prior to each auction
- Work primarily from a home office and on the road.
What we offer:
Our Territory Sales Managers are the
front line of our business and are directly responsible for the
billions of dollars in gross auction proceeds every year. As we
grow around the
world, there are endless opportunities for strong salespeople to
careers - we've shown this over and over throughout our 60 years in
- Base salary uncapped performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(k) and Employee Share Plan, both with company
- Company car, laptop, smart phone, expense account.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a
tuition reimbursement program.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out
some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site,
LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global
asset management and disposition company, offering customers
end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment,
trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors,
including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil
and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling channels
include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers,, the world's largest industrial
auctioneer offers live auction events with online
bidding;IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly
auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance-- equipment
condition certification;MarketPlacee, an online marketplace
offering multiple price and timing options;Mascus,a leading
European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros.
Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company
also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet,
TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers and Cat-- auctions, plus
equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial
Services.For more information about the unprecedented choice
provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures
nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all
applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants
who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job
is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only
electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls
Keywords: Ritchie Bros., Perris , Territory Sales Manager, Sales , Perris, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!